INCON 1511 LTC
INCON 1511 LTC
The 1511-LTC provides basic LTC tap position monitoring using the LTC’s slide wire position feedback device. As the LTC changes taps, the moveable contact picks up the voltage divided through the resistors in the slide wire, so that each tap has its own specific voltage.
The range of INCON® Load Tap Changer (LTC) Position Monitors relay critical position information between the LTC and the LTC controller, enabling distribution transformers to run as efficiently as possible.
Receives signal from a resistive drumswitch or “Slidewire” transmitter, 60 ohms min. total resistance
Provides a more reliable reading of the transmitter through software filtering and higher 24V signal strength
Optional RS-232 port
Optional High/Low limit relays function as programmable drag-hand contacts
Outputs interface to PLCs, SCADA RTUs and substation computers
|Applications||Transformer LTC Position, Hydro Dam Gate Position, Dam Head/Tail Water Level, Industrial Rotary Power||Transformer LTC Position, LTC Position Data Collection||Transformer LTC Position|
|Transducer Type||Synchro (1292)||Synchro (1292)||Resistance Switch (Slidewire)|
|Input Signal||0-90 VAC, 50/60 Hz||0-90 VAC, 50/60 Hz||0-24 VDC|
ONCE THE PRODUCT SHIPS, WE'RE JUST GETTING STARTED
The Franklin Electric Grid Solution Technical and Field Support Teams are here to assist with training, installation, and support. Our Field team will come to your site for training or installation supervision and our Support Center staff is available to assist with troubleshooting, warranty processing, and software installation support.
|Resolution (1250B & 1250-LTC)||± 0.001% of full scale or 6 arc minutes|
|Accuracy||+/-0.02% of full scale, maximum (0.01% typical)|
|Temperature Drift||+/-0.01% per °C|
|Operating Temperature||0 ° to 55 °C|
|Humidity||10% - 90% non condensing|
|Tester Weight||2.6 lb (1 Kg)|
|Voltage||117 +/- 10%|
|Frequency||47 - 63 Hz|
|Load||8 Watts, maximum|
|Display Type||5-digit LED|
|Digit Height||0.56 inch (14.2 mm)|
|Viewing Distance||23 feet|
|Decimal Point (1250B)||Field programmable|
|Optional Analog Outputs||+/- 1 mA, 0-1 mA, 0-2 mA, 4-20 mA (requires 15 to 24 VDC external loop power)|
|Compliance||10 Volts (0-1 mA, ± 1mA, 0-2 mA)
500 Ohms (4-20 mA)
5 mA (0-10 VDC, ± 10 VDC) 1511-LTC
|Resolution||12 bits (± 0.025% of full scale)|
|Optional Hi/Lo Relay Contact Rating||3A @ 125/250 VAC (resistive), 30 VDC|
|Communication Options||RS-232 (ASCII)
RS-485 Full Duplex (MODBUS)
1511-LTC PROGRAMMABLE POSITION MONITOR
The 1511-LTC provides basic LTC tap position monitoring using the LTC’s existing position feedback device. Slidewire voltage measurements are filtered by firmware to give a stable, reliable tap position reading. Simple to install and easily calibrated to any LTC Slidewire.
BUILD A MODEL NUMBER
U = Output Options
0 = 0-1 Ma
1 = ±1 mA
2 = 0-2 mA
4 = 4-20 mA
W = Control / Isolation
R = Hi/Lo Relay Limits
I = Input Isolation
Y = Comm. Options
S = RS-232 Serial
M = RS-485 MODBUS
The Synchro Transmitter is the preferred position indicating technology where reliability, rugged design, and accurate absolute position data are critical. The Transmitter is available with a surge suppression option and a mounting bracket. Designed for use with 1250B and 1250-LTC, solid-state INCON Programmable Position Monitors.
|1292K||Synchro transmitter with "L" install bracket|
|1292S||Synchro transmitter with surge protection circuit|
|1292KS||Synchro transmitter with install bracket and surge protection circuit|
|1945||15 VDC Loop Power Supply (For 4-20 mA Analog Output)|
- Extra-rugged right-angle "L" bracket assembly option for secure, parallel-to-surface mounting
- Circuit board terminations option for easy wiring connections, without crimp-lugs
- Surge suppression option for transient protection
- Highly accurate output signal corresponds to rotary position
- Absolute position sensor, no zero-position loss after power-down
- Reliable, rugged, long-life transmitter
- Very fine resolution-extremely accurate and reliable
- Does not require re-zeroing or periodic calibration
- Excellent signal/noise immunity
- Stable over time and temperature
- Virtually unlimited life
- Can be retrofited to older LTC’s without existing synchros
- Ideal for power, process, and industrial equipment applications
- Transformer load tap changers
- Equipment position
- Hydro-electric spillway & generator gates
- Valves of all kinds
- Machine tools
- Cable reels and hoists
- Screw conveyors, and more
|Mounting||Synchro flange||"L" bracket||Synchro flange||"L" bracket|
|Wire Terminations||Ring lugs (provided)||Ring lugs (provided)||Phoenix terminal blocks||Phoenix terminal blocks|
|Wire Size||22-18 AWG||22-18 AWG||28-14 AWG||28-14 AWG|
|Surge Protection||None||None||150 Volt, 14 mm Metal Oxide Varistors (3 ea.)||150 Volt, 14 mm Metal Oxide Varistors (3 ea.)|
|Fuse Protection||None||None||5A Fast Blow||5A Fast Blow|
An adjustable 12 to 15 Volt DC regulated Power Supply that is used to provide loop power for INCON Panel Meters ordered with the 4 to 20 milliamp analog output option.
|1945||15 VDC Loop Power Supply (For 4-20 mA Analog Output)|
This product is a Class 1 power supply and requires the chassis to be connected to earth ground at end application. Use 700 °C iron for soldering input connections. Tolerance for 230 VAC operations is +15% to -10%.
- VDE transformer construction (full rated to 50 °C)
- + 0.05% regulation - Foldback/current limit
- T.C. burned-in to MIL - 883 Lev. B
- UL recognized/CSA certified
- Chassis notched for AC input
- 100/120/220/230-240 VAC power
- Industry standard frame size
- The 1945 power supply has inherently low conducted and radiated noise levels for most system applications that meet the requirements of FCC Docket 20780 for Class A equipment and VDE 0871 for Class A equipment without additional noise filtering.
- Convection cooling is adequate where non-restricted airflow is available. When operating in a confined area, moving air or conduction cooling is recommended.
- The five-wire input to the 1945 provides four voltage ranges: 100/ 120/220/230-240. Extended low line tolerance provides additional drop out margin in areas where line voltages are marginal. Inputs must be fused.
The 1945 power supply is designed to meet or exceed requirements of the following specifications: IEC 380, IEC 435, VDE 0730 Part 2, VDE 0804, ECMA-57, CEE 10 Part 2P, UL 1012, CSA 22.2 No. 143, CSA 22.2 No. 154. Specifically, field terminal to terminal spacing is 5.25 mm with 9.0 mm creepage to other metal. Leakage current is less than 5.0 mA and dielectric withstanding voltages are 3750 VAC input to chassis. 3750 VAC input to output and 300 VDC output to chassis.
|AC Input||100/120/220/230-240 VAC, ± 10%, 47-63 Hz (derate output current 10% for 50 Hz operation)|
|Fuse at||0.5 / 0.25 amps for 100 -120 / 220 - 240 VAC|
|DC Output||12 - 15 V (± 5%) Adjustable|
|Line Regulation||± 0.05% for a 10% line change|
|Load Regulation||± 0.05% for a 50% load change|
|Output Ripple||5.0 mV PK-PK maximum|
|Transient Response||≤ 50μs for a 50 to 100 % load change|
|Short Circuit and Overload Protection||Automatic current limit / foldback|
|Over Voltage Protection||Not Available|
|Remote Sensing||Not Available|
|Stability||± 0.3% for 24 hour period after 1 hour warm-up|
|Temperature Rating||0 °C to 50 °C full-rated derated linearly to 40% at 70 °C|
|Temperature Coefficient||± 0.03%/°C maximum|
|Vibration||Per ML-STD-8100 method 514.3 category 1 procedure I|
|Shock||Per ML-STD-8100 method 516.3 procedure III|
|Weight||2 lbs (1 kg)|
|Shipping Weight||3 lbs (1.5 kg)|
AC LINE POWER CONDITIONER
The AC Line Power Conditioner provides output that is clean, voltage stabilized, and virtually free of transient spikes and noise. It is designed to be used with the model 1250-LTC or 1250B Programmable Position Monitors and their synchro transmitter.
- Regulates line voltage
- Filters harmonic noise for increased stability, accuracy and reliability
- Includes lightning arrestors and surge protection
|Input Voltage||105 to 135 VAC @ 60 Hz|
|Output Voltage||115 VAC @ 60 Hz ±3%|
|Load||10 VA (Min.) to 25 VA (Max.)|
|Temperature range||-13 to 158 °F (- 25 to 70 °C)|
|Fuse||External 5 Amp (Max) not supplied but required|
The "Quick Connect" Flexible Coupling is designed for unique mounting and connecting applications. It makes retrofits to older equipment easy with standard lengths and coupling diameters to fit most LTC applications.
|1293-KIT||Universal coupling kit, includes an 18 inch flexible shaft and one each 0.250", 0.375" and 0.500" couplings|
BUILD A MODEL NUMBER
X = Shaft Length
9 = 9 inches
18 = 18 inches
X = Custom length, X inches
Y = Coupling Diameter
250 = 0.25 inch
375 = 0.375 inch
500 = 0.50 inch
- Quickly connects to all Model 1292 Synchro Transmitters
- Secure, positive attachment to an LTC shaft
- Two standard lengths
- Three standard coupling sizes
- Custom designs available
TRANSMITTER RETROFIT KIT
Provides easy Synchro Transmitter retrofit to voltage regulators.
|1265-5.75||5.75" dial face diameter transmitter retrofit kit|
|1265-6.25||6.25" dial face diameter transmitter retrofit kit|
|1265-7.19||7.19" dial face diameter transmitter retrofit kit|
|1265-7.62||7.62" dial face diameter transmitter retrofit kit|
|1265-8||8" dial face diameter transmitter retrofit kit|
|1269-10||10 foot (3 m) interface cable|
|1269-20||20 foot (6.1 m) interface cable|
|1269-50||50 foot (15.2 m) interface cable|
The 1265 does NOT include lightening / surge protection. If needed, MOV protection should be installed in a nearby junction box.
- Some Load Tap Changers and Voltage Regulators can not be equipped with Selsyn® synchro transmitters. This problem can be easily solved with the INCON model 1265 Transmitter Retrofit Kit.
- For those applications where there is no easy way to retrofit a transmitter to the LTC drive mechanism, INCON offers the Model 1265 Transmitter Retrofit Kit.
- The 1265 retrofit kit replaces the glass lens on the local indicator dial.
- The 1265 is designed for use with the INCON model 1250B Programmable Position Monitor, which displays the LTC position and can transmit a proportional analog signal to SCADA.
- The Kit comes complete with a Synchro, mounted on a clear Lexan Dial and a two-pronged engagement arm that tracks the position of the Dial Indicator needle.
- The Kit also includes the mating connector pieces, to facilitate assembly of a field wiring cable, although it is recommended that the factory-assembled cable be used.
- Provides accurate Tap Position Status in remote locations.
- Proven reliability with many in Utility & Industrial operations for over 20 years.
- Does not interfere with mechanical draghand operation.
- Highly reliable and accurate (1292) synchro transmitter is included.
- Saves manual reporting time and money.
- Maintenance free.
- Can be retrofited to older LTC’s without existing synchros.
|Power input||115 Volts AC|
|Output signal||0 to 90 Volts AC|
|Isolation||900 Volts, rotor to stators|
|Temperature range||-40 to 158 °F (-40 to 70 °C) 92% humidity (non-condensing)|
|Display type||Clear, Lexan dial face 5.75, 6.25, 7.19, 7.62 or 8.00 inches|
|Depth to front surface||4.0 inches (10.2 cm) with cable off|
|FEGRID-0012 Load Tap Changer Monitoring Datasheet.pdf||6.34 MB|
|FEGRID-0011 Load Tap Changer Monitoring Brochure.pdf||11.29 MB|
|0001215d 1511 LTC Brochure.pdf||0.49 MB|
|FEGRID-0014 Battery Monitoring Solutions Brochure.pdf||9.16 MB|
|FEGRID-0017 FE Grid Academy Certified Installer Training Brochure.pdf||13.13 MB|
|0002060b Interfacing the 1250B 1250LTC 1511-LTC Monitors.pdf||0.22 MB|
|0002068b 1511 LTC Install Manual.pdf||1.37 MB|
|0002069b 1511 LTC Firmware Enhancements.pdf||0.14 MB|