The INCON® 1250B is a versatile programmable position monitor. Its main application is for Transformer LTC position monitoring, but its non-linear conversion table gives it the ability to convert non-linear rotary motion into a linear scale for additional applications.
With over 40 years of proven service in over 33,000 utility transformers around the globe, the 1250-LTC does so much more than just monitor tap position. It is a vital tool that utilities use to predict transformer maintenance and prevent the failure of their LTC’s.
Receives a signal from a synchro transmitter (1292 series)
Provides absolute position feedback
Displays tap position and transmit this information over analog and serial lines
Works with any LTC or voltage regulator
Includes a software draghand feature to report highest and lowest tap position
Programmable through the serial port or front panel
Provides an analog output to SCADA or tap controller
|Applications||Transformer LTC Position, Hydro Dam Gate Position, Dam Head/Tail Water Level, Industrial Rotary Power||Transformer LTC Position, LTC Position Data Collection||Transformer LTC Position|
|Transducer Type||Synchro (1292)||Synchro (1292)||Resistance Switch (Slidewire)|
|Input Signal||0-90 VAC, 50/60 Hz||0-90 VAC, 50/60 Hz||0-24 VDC|
ONCE THE PRODUCT SHIPS, WE'RE JUST GETTING STARTED
The Franklin Electric Grid Solution Technical and Field Support Teams are here to assist with training, installation, and support. Our Field team will come to your site for training or installation supervision and our Support Center staff is available to assist with troubleshooting, warranty processing, and software installation support.
|Resolution (1250B & 1250-LTC)||± 0.001% of full scale or 6 arc minutes|
|Accuracy||+/-0.02% of full scale, maximum (0.01% typical)|
|Temperature Drift||+/-0.01% per °C|
|Operating Temperature||0 ° to 55 °C|
|Humidity||10% - 90% non condensing|
|Voltage||117 +/- 10%|
|Frequency||47 - 63 Hz|
|Load||8 Watts, maximum|
|Display Type||5-digit LED|
|Digit Height||0.56 inch (14.2 mm)|
|Viewing Distance||23 feet|
|Decimal Point (1250B)||Field programmable|
|Optional Analog Outputs||+/- 1 mA, 0-1 mA, 0-2 mA, 4-20 mA (requires 15 to 24 VDC external loop power)|
|Compliance||10 Volts (0-1 mA, ± 1mA, 0-2 mA)
500 Ohms (4-20 mA)
5 mA (0-10 VDC, ± 10 VDC) 1511-LTC
|Resolution||12 bits (± 0.025% of full scale)|
|Optional Hi/Lo Relay Contact Rating||3A @ 125/250 VAC (resistive), 30 VDC|
|Communication Options||RS-232 (ASCII)
RS-485 Full Duplex (MODBUS)
1250B PROGRAMMABLE POSITION MONITOR
The 1250B is a versatile programmable position monitor. Its main application is for Transformer LTC position monitoring, but its non-linear conversion table gives it the ability to convert non-linear rotary motion into a linear scale for additional applications.
BUILD A MODEL NUMBER
U = Output Options
0 = 0-1 Ma
1 = ±1 mA
2 = 0-2 mA
4 = 4-20 mA
W = Control / Isolation
R = Hi/Lo Relay Limits
I = Input Isolation
Y = Comm. Options
S = RS-232 Serial
M = RS-485 MODBUS
The Synchro Transmitter is the preferred position indicating technology where reliability, rugged design, and accurate absolute position data are critical. The Transmitter is available with a surge suppression option and a mounting bracket. Designed for use with 1250B and 1250-LTC, solid-state INCON Programmable Position Monitors.
|1292K||Synchro transmitter with "L" mounting bracket|
|1292S||Synchro transmitter with surge protection circuit|
|1292KS||Synchro transmitter with mounting bracket and surge protection circuit|
|1945||15 VDC Loop Power Supply (For 4-20 mA Analog Output)|
- Extra-rugged right-angle "L" bracket assembly option for secure, parallel-to-surface mounting
- Circuit board terminations option for easy wiring connections, without crimp-lugs
- Surge suppression option for transient protection
- Highly accurate output signal corresponds to rotary position
- Absolute position sensor, no zero-position loss after power-down
- Reliable, rugged, long-life transmitter
- Very fine resolution-extremely accurate and reliable
- Does not require re-zeroing or periodic calibration
- Excellent signal/noise immunity
- Stable over time and temperature
- Virtually unlimited life
- Can be retrofited to older LTC’s without existing synchros
- Ideal for power, process, and industrial equipment applications
- Transformer load tap changers
- Equipment position
- Hydro-electric spillway & generator gates
- Valves of all kinds
- Machine tools
- Cable reels and hoists
- Screw conveyors, and more
|Mounting||Synchro flange||"L" bracket||Synchro flange||"L" bracket|
|Wire Terminations||Ring lugs (provided)||Ring lugs (provided)||Phoenix terminal blocks||Phoenix terminal blocks|
|Wire Size||22-18 AWG||22-18 AWG||28-14 AWG||28-14 AWG|
|Surge Protection||None||None||150 Volt, 14 mm Metal Oxide Varistors (3 ea.)||150 Volt, 14 mm Metal Oxide Varistors (3 ea.)|
|Fuse Protection||None||None||5A Fast Blow||5A Fast Blow|
The "Quick Connect" Flexible Coupling is designed for unique mounting and connecting applications. It makes retrofits to older equipment easy with standard lengths and coupling diameters to fit most LTC applications.
|1293-KIT||Universal coupling kit, includes an 18 inch flexible shaft and one each 0.250", 0.375" and 0.500" couplings|
BUILD A MODEL NUMBER
X = Shaft Length
9 = 9 inches
18 = 18 inches
X = Custom length, X inches
Y = Coupling Diameter
250 = 0.25 inch
375 = 0.375 inch
500 = 0.50 inch
- Quickly connects to all Model 1292 Synchro Transmitters
- Secure, positive attachment to an LTC shaft
- Two standard lengths
- Three standard coupling sizes
- Custom designs available
TRANSMITTER RETROFIT KIT
Provides easy Synchro Transmitter retrofit to voltage regulators.
|1265-5.75||5.75" dial face diameter transmitter retrofit kit|
|1265-6.25||6.25" dial face diameter transmitter retrofit kit|
|1265-7.19||7.19" dial face diameter transmitter retrofit kit|
|1265-7.62||7.62" dial face diameter transmitter retrofit kit|
|1265-8||8" dial face diameter transmitter retrofit kit|
|1269-10||10 foot (3 m) interface cable|
|1269-20||20 foot (6.1 m) interface cable|
|1269-50||50 foot (15.2 m) interface cable|
|1269-100||100 foot (30.4 m) interface cable|
The 1265 does NOT include lightening / surge protection. If needed, MOV protection should be installed in a nearby junction box.
- Some Load Tap Changers and Voltage Regulators can not be equipped with Selsyn® synchro transmitters. This problem can be easily solved with the INCON model 1265 Transmitter Retrofit Kit.
- For those applications where there is no easy way to retrofit a transmitter to the LTC drive mechanism, INCON offers the Model 1265 Transmitter Retrofit Kit.
- The 1265 retrofit kit replaces the glass lens on the local indicator dial.
- The 1265 is designed for use with the INCON model 1250B Programmable Position Monitor, which displays the LTC position and can transmit a proportional analog signal to SCADA.
- The Kit comes complete with a Synchro, mounted on a clear Lexan Dial and a two-pronged engagement arm that tracks the position of the Dial Indicator needle.
- The Kit also includes the mating connector pieces, to facilitate assembly of a field wiring cable, although it is recommended that the factory-assembled cable be used.
- Provides accurate Tap Position Status in remote locations.
- Proven reliability with many in Utility & Industrial operations for over 20 years.
- Does not interfere with mechanical draghand operation.
- Highly reliable and accurate (1292) synchro transmitter is included.
- Saves manual reporting time and money.
- Maintenance free.
- Can be retrofited to older LTC’s without existing synchros.
|Power input||115 Volts AC|
|Output signal||0 to 90 Volts AC|
|Isolation||900 Volts, rotor to stators|
|Temperature range||-40 to 158 °F (-40 to 70 °C) 92% humidity (non-condensing)|
|Display type||Clear, Lexan dial face 5.75, 6.25, 7.19, 7.62 or 8.00 inches|
|Depth to front surface||4.0 inches (10.2 cm) with cable off|
An adjustable 12 to 15 Volt DC regulated Power Supply that is used to provide loop power for INCON Panel Meters ordered with the 4 to 20 milliamp analog output option.
|1945||15 VDC Loop Power Supply (For 4-20 mA Analog Output)|
This product is a Class 1 power supply and requires the chassis to be connected to earth ground at end application. Use 700 °C iron for soldering input connections. Tolerance for 230 VAC operations is +15% to -10%.
- VDE transformer construction (full rated to 50 °C)
- + 0.05% regulation - Foldback/current limit
- T.C. burned-in to MIL - 883 Lev. B
- UL recognized/CSA certified
- Chassis notched for AC input
- 100/120/220/230-240 VAC power
- Industry standard frame size
- The 1945 power supply has inherently low conducted and radiated noise levels for most system applications that meet the requirements of FCC Docket 20780 for Class A equipment and VDE 0871 for Class A equipment without additional noise filtering.
- Convection cooling is adequate where non-restricted airflow is available. When operating in a confined area, moving air or conduction cooling is recommended.
- The five-wire input to the 1945 provides four voltage ranges: 100/ 120/220/230-240. Extended low line tolerance provides additional drop out margin in areas where line voltages are marginal. Inputs must be fused.
The 1945 power supply is designed to meet or exceed requirements of the following specifications: IEC 380, IEC 435, VDE 0730 Part 2, VDE 0804, ECMA-57, CEE 10 Part 2P, UL 1012, CSA 22.2 No. 143, CSA 22.2 No. 154. Specifically, field terminal to terminal spacing is 5.25 mm with 9.0 mm creepage to other metal. Leakage current is less than 5.0 mA and dielectric withstanding voltages are 3750 VAC input to chassis. 3750 VAC input to output and 300 VDC output to chassis.
|AC Input||100/120/220/230-240 VAC, ± 10%, 47-63 Hz (derate output current 10% for 50 Hz operation)|
|Fuse at||0.5 / 0.25 amps for 100 -120 / 220 - 240 VAC|
|DC Output||12 - 15 V (± 5%) Adjustable|
|Line Regulation||± 0.05% for a 10% line change|
|Load Regulation||± 0.05% for a 50% load change|
|Output Ripple||5.0 mV PK-PK maximum|
|Transient Response||≤ 50μs for a 50 to 100 % load change|
|Short Circuit and Overload Protection||Automatic current limit / foldback|
|Over Voltage Protection||Not Available|
|Remote Sensing||Not Available|
|Stability||± 0.3% for 24 hour period after 1 hour warm-up|
|Temperature Rating||0 °C to 50 °C full-rated derated linearly to 40% at 70 °C|
|Temperature Coefficient||± 0.03%/°C maximum|
|Vibration||Per ML-STD-8100 method 514.3 category 1 procedure I|
|Shock||Per ML-STD-8100 method 516.3 procedure III|
|Weight||2 lbs (1 kg)|
|Shipping Weight||3 lbs (1.5 kg)|
AC LINE POWER CONDITIONER
The AC Line Power Conditioner provides output that is clean, voltage stabilized, and virtually free of transient spikes and noise. It is designed to be used with the model 1250-LTC or 1250B Programmable Position Monitors and their synchro transmitter.
- Regulates line voltage
- Filters harmonic noise for increased stability, accuracy and reliability
- Includes lightning arrestors and surge protection
|Input Voltage||105 to 135 VAC @ 60 Hz|
|Output Voltage||115 VAC @ 60 Hz ±3%|
|Load||10 VA (Min.) to 25 VA (Max.)|
|Temperature range||-13 to 158 °F (- 25 to 70 °C)|
|Fuse||External 5 Amp (Max) not supplied but required|
WEATHER PROOF ENCLOSURE
The model 1994 is a weather-proof enclosure designed for the INCON model 1250B, 1250-LTC and 1511-LTC Programmable Position Monitors. This NEMA 4X rated ABS plastic enclosure can be opened at each section to allow for easy access to field wiring. When closed, each section is sealed with an EDPM rubber seal. The crystal-clear top cover allows easy reading of the instrument’s display and hinges open for installation and programming of the instrument.
|1994||NEMA 4x Enclosure|
|FEGRID-0011 Load Tap Changer Monitoring Brochure.pdf||12.38 MB|
|FEGRID-0012 Load Tap Changer Monitoring Datasheet.pdf||6.34 MB|
|0001300d 1250 Quick Reference Guide.pdf||0.14 MB|
|FEGRID-0014 Battery Monitoring Solutions Brochure.pdf||9.16 MB|
|FEGRID-0017 FE Grid Academy Certified Installer Training Brochure.pdf||13.13 MB|
|0001077j 1250B Install Manual.pdf||0.98 MB|
|0002045b Retrieving Tap Change Indication Data from an 1250B.pdf||0.32 MB|
|0002060b Interfacing the 1250B 1250LTC 1511-LTC Monitors.pdf||0.22 MB|